Beheaded - Ominous Bloodline (2005)

Share:

Beheaded is a Brutal Death Metal band from Malta. Malta is not a big island, and of course I'm really impressed. I Though they were from Holland. Like Pyaemia and stuff. They were old band. Just a year younger from God Suffocation. So, I want to share Beheaded's album. It is their 3rd's album and it was a brutal of course.

I like their guitar's sound. It's really low. It makes its brutal aura more live. Really, mate. I like that. What should I say to describe this.... Um, yeah. I think they guitar riff is so catchy and absolutely brutal too. 

This is fast, brutal death metal with plenty of technicality. But it isn't just relentless blastbeats and tremolo riffs. Although the dominant style here is pure Cannibal Corpse worship, there's a surprising amount of variety here, with slower sections based around huge, lurching riffs. The drumming is nicely varied too, with some subtle changes of pace as well as more frantic time changes that aren't too disjointed to ruin the flow. The only criticism I have of the drums is that the bass drums have quite a clicky, triggered sound that can be annoying at times. Depends if you like that sort of drumming really, I can tolerate it in small doses and this album is a brief 36 minutes. Just don't expect to hear much bass, as the guitars are tuned very low and there aren't any virtuoso basslines running over the top on this album so the bass just gets buried in the mix. Vocally this is mostly low guttural growls with a few higher snarls but not a lot of variation. (quoted from Beardovdoom on metal-archives.com)

All the songs in this album is almost perfect and I think it's rude to say this is bad album. Because I loved this album. This was a great album. Song I had play the most is Estoteric Kin. I like the guitar riff and their vocal. But, unfortunately that song quite shorter than the others (except Depths of Sore).  Conceived to Dominate and Vaults of Ageless Pain is badass too. They were just perfect, they just make my head keep banging over and over. Scourging Repudiation also good song. I like that guitar riff. But, it doesn't mean the other song is bad, okay... They just my fav song in this album.

Herzebeth on metalstorm.net also said this album is really remarkable, every single track has a great "fragment" that creates different atmospheres over and over again; there's even an outstanding instrumental track forming the intermezzo of the album in an excellent way ("Depths Of Sore"). There is no bad song in this record, every single tune has something good to worship, and you'll be playing this album more than twice in a row and every time you'll find something new and awesome in it.

Hails, mate.. Hope you like it.

Tracklist
  1. Crowned With Repression
  2. Esoteric Kin
  3. Conceived To Dominate
  4. Vaults Of Ageless Pain
  5. Depths Of Sore
  6. Ominous Bloodline
  7. Ill Remains
  8. Scourging Repudiation
  9. Rooted In Profundity

If you like it, please buy it on their official website/merchandise. 
Ominous Bloodline

No comments