Bullet For My Valentine - Fever (2010)

Share:
Fever. Source: Google.com
Well, Bullet For My Valentine was another Trivium's like band. If you compared it, you'll recognize it, and I think this is the last BFMV's album that worth for praise, along with The Poison and Scream Aim Fire. Honestly, I'm never listening to this band anymore since they released Temper Temper. When I listen to Temper Temper, I just thought that they were losing their "character and identity", except Tears don't fall pt. 2. So, I decide not to hear Venom.

Raziq Rauf on bbc.co.uk said maybe as an acknowledgement of their critics, there’s only one real ballad to be found on Fever – but Bittersweet Memories, with lyrics of childish despair and forlorn desire, is the weakest track here. The brightest standout is Alone, which rocks to a rampaging riff that courses all the way to its core – it’s sure to give any listener shivers, such is its magnitude. Despite the lyrics failing to improve upon previous efforts, elsewhere Fever represents a significant step forward, and practically guarantees that BFMV will fulfil the expectations preceding its release. An outstanding set of songs, this collection will raise the temperatures of metal fans across the globe.

Fever was good enough album for me, except the lyrics. So romantic...
Well, Your Betrayal is well-known song on this album, along with Fever and The Last Fight. Those songs still BFMV's characteristic. I must say that they are smart for a catchy guitar riff. After those energized songs, A Place Where You Belong would make you fall into lyric.. Yeah, this was a romantic song. But, honestly it was one of my fav song on this album. I dunno, man. I just fell into it (perhaps I'm not moving on from my ex yet (: ). Next song with Pleasure and Pain, Alone, and Breaking out, Breaking down would give us some fast speed song again and little metalcore vocal style... Now, we talk to romantic song again. Yes, Bittersweet Memories would throw you into some sadly realm. I think Tuck just can't move on from his ex. We don't know. Dignity, Begging for Mercy, and Pretty on the Outside would give us some fast song and metalcorist style again. Well, This is a good album, of course. If we compare it with some thrash or death metal genre, absolutely this album was a joke. But, If we compare it with metal core or modern metal on this century, of course this album was above average.

Tracklist
  1. Your Betrayal
  2. Fever
  3. The Last Fight
  4. A Place Where You Belong
  5. Pleasure and Pain
  6. Alone
  7. Breaking Out, Breaking Down
  8. Bittersweet Memories
  9. Dignity
  10. Begging for Mercy
  11. Pretty on the Outside
If you like it, please buy it on their official website/merchandise.
Fever

No comments