Kreator - Endless Pain (1985)

Share:

Well, it's been almost a year since last time I posted here. Firstly, I'm really sorry because this blog seems like dead. But, not, it's not. It still active and still metal of course.

This time, I want to share this badass album from German's Thrash god, Kreator.
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Thrash. I'm more likely to Death metal. So, I can't talk much about this. But, all I know from what I heard is this is a masterpiece for me. I'm really loved to hear this especially in a morning. It just like a mood booster for through you day (and a cup of coffee too, of course).

The opening title track, “Endless Pain,” fires right out of the gate with absolutely pummeling double bass, a technique that not every thrash band used in the early days. The solos is still one of the best they have done and I love how it enters and leaves the song without a trace of the brutality ever leaving. “Tormentor,” is a short but furious track that sounds more Black Metal than most Black Metal, the rawness in Mille’s voice is almost scary and his riffs are just as sinister. It’s hard to believe this album was recorded in just ten days by three teenagers. They may have been raw and still a bit unsure of themselves but their tenacity cannot be denied. A Thrash Metal classic that, if for some reason, you have never heard then get off the computer and go find this immediately. (quoted from Justin Wittenmeier on metal-temple.com)

My favs song from this album are Endless Pain surely, Storm of The Beast, Tormentor, and Dying Victims. I just loved to hear it. Especially Tormentor's guitar lead, it makes me wild for a time, and Dying Victims makes this album perfectly badass listed in the last, because the song itself seems tell you like "the pain is end, dude", and it just in my opinion.

Deadone from metalstorm.net also said that dual vocalists help maintain a sense of variation. Mille presents a more high-pitched shrill rasp, whereas drummer Ventor rumbles along in a more guttural style that would be at home on many an early death or black metal album. The riffs are phenomenal, being both memorable and primal. It's in fact hard to believe this a three-piece.

Last, I think this album is really good for you who wants to add some influences to your band or something.

Track list
  1. Endless Pain
  2. Total Death
  3. Storm Of The Beast
  4. Tormentor
  5. Son Of Evil
  6. Flag Of Hate
  7. Cry War
  8. Bone Breaker
  9. Living In Fear
  10. Dying Victims

If you like it, please buy it on their official website/merchandise. 
Endless Pain


No comments