Trivium - Shogun (2008)

Share:

Shogun... Yeah. It was 4th album of Trivium. Honestly, I don't really much understand where should I categorize it. So, let we just say it was an heavy metal. Just categorized it there. Because sometimes their music seems sounded like a false metal. But I have no right to judge.

Honestly, this album is full of guitar riffs and solos. Really really great if we look it at technically and skills. If you heard every song from 1-11, I assure you all the song are really really 'easy listening'. I enjoyed it. Because I just feel like I hear Thrash and Metal core in a same time. It's just fun, really crossover. I'm just thinking it will be a really really greater album if the vocal didn't much sing like metal core style. K†ulu on metalstorm.net also said this album seems like Thrash/Metalcore.

I think this album really badass, and absolutely there were so many good song on this album. Firstly, I'm a guitar player. So, I loved all the song (I enjoyed their riffs). But, Krisute Gomen really good song. Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis was great too. Throes of Predition, Insurrection, and Shogun is good too.


The biggest jump here, though, is in the songwriting department. Most of these tracks are 5-7 minutes, giving the band enough room for minute-long solos and some arrangement twists and turns. Verses switch between clean and harsh vocals, while most of the choruses introduce the now-identifiable surging hooks, with octave chords or eighth-note Beaulieu leads giving extra life to Heafy's decent midrange vocals. (quoted from Goofam on metal-archives.com)

Last, this album is the best of their works for me. You can judge by your own opinion. So, it will be good if you heard their old album. Have a nice crossover, mate.

Tracklist
  1. Kirisute Gomen
  2. Torn Between Scylla And Charybdis
  3. Down From The Sky
  4. Into The Mouth Of Hell We March
  5. Throes Of Perdition
  6. Insurrection
  7. The Calamity
  8. He Who Spawned The Furies
  9. Of Prometheus And The Crucifix
  10. Like Callisto To A Star In Heaven
  11. Shogun
If you like it, please buy it on their official website/merchandise.
Shogun

No comments